I quickly wrote a python program to play text based snake and ladder game in terminal.
Any advance python concept is not used in this code. However it is a fun thing to do for a beginner in order to learn how to use multiple concepts in your program.
Few basic concepts used in this code are:
- Generating random number
- Selecting a Random value from a list
- Adding wait/sleep in program
- Conditional Statements i.e. IF and ELSE
- Getting input from user
You can download the code from Github.
What is happening in Game:
- Display the welcome message
- Collect the player's names
- Until one of the player wins do the following:
- Roll the dice
- Move the player forward for the value got on dice roll.
- If player is on snake's head, move down to its tail
- If player is on ladder's bottom, take it to its top
- else remain there and let second player roll the dice
Run the game using command
You can set the value
0 if you do not want any delay while playing game.